Gabii Sa Kabilin 2016: Celebrate the Beauty of Cebu Heritage
The “Gabii Sa Kabilin” (Night of Heritage) is a program of the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. Culture & Heritage unit, in partnership with the different heritage sites in Cebu. This year is the 10th run of Gabii Sa Kabilin that will happen on May 27, 2-16 from 6PM to midnight.
Inspired by the Long Night of Museums in Germany and other European countries, the Gabii Sa Kabilin aims, among others, to encourage the public to visit museums, preserve Cebu’s rich culture and heritage, develop an understanding that museums can also be venues for live cultural activities among Cebuanos, and break the misconception that museums are mere repositories of “dead” objects.
This year, the heritage event features 41 destinations in the cities of Cebu, Talisay, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu.
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2016 Destinations
1. Anthill Gallery
2. Archdiocesan Museum of Cebu
3. Casa Gorordo Museum
4. Cebu City Museum
5. Don Sergio Osmena Sr. Memorabilia and CAP Art Gallery
6. Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
7. Fort San Pedro
8. Iglesia Filipina Independiente – Cathedral of the Holy Child Jesus
9. Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
10. Magellan’s Cross
11. Museo Parian – 1730 Jesuit House
12. Museo Sugbo
13. Plaza Parian
14. San Nicholas de Tolentino Parish Church
15. St. Theresa’s College – Folklife Museum
16. The Freeman
17. United Church of Christ in the Philippines – Bradford Memorial Chapel
18. University of the Philippines Foundation – Rizaliana Museum
19. University of the Philippines
20. University of the Visayas
21. Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House
22. Cebu Palm Grass Hotel
23. Museum of Naïve Art (West Gorordo Hotel)
24. Golden Prince Hotel
25. Oriente Theater
26. Archdiocesan Shrine of the Sacred Heart Parish
27. Basilica Minore del Santo Nino
28. Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod
29. Redemptorist Church
1. National Shrine of St. Joseph
2. Mandaue Central School (Gabaldon Building)
3. Bantayan sa Hari
1. Mactan Shrine
2. Mactan Cebu International Airport/ GMR Megawide
1. Talisay City College
2. Museo de Talisay
3. National Historic Shrine Liberation Monument
4. Archdiocesan Shrine of Sta. Teresa de Avila Parish
5. New Talisay City Hall
6. Aliño Brothers Monument
7. World War II Pillbox
The ticket price is ₱150. Admission is free for children aged seven and below. Tickets can be purchased and reserved in advance at any of the participating destinations.
For more information, call (032) 411 1700 or (032) 343 1700 and look for May Sanchez. Join the Official Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) Facebook Page for further announcements.
You can also check the #GabiiSaKabilin2016 Facebook Event Page for more details.