This January, the Philippines will host one of its biggest events, the celebration of the infant Jesus, Santo Niño. It will undoubtedly draw millions of viewers and tourists around the world to Cebu City’s Sinulog Festival. Since the Sinulog 2023 Grand Parade will be held outdoors for the first time in two years owing to the Coronavirus epidemic, it is imperative that we take care of ourselves while we recover from the lengthy community lockdown and social isolation for health reasons. Everyone needs to exercise caution in light of what will happen.
7 Ways on How to Safely Celebrate the Sinulog 2023 Festivities on the streets of Cebu
Here are some fundamental guidelines for being socially conscious and cautious during the Sinulog Festival in Cebu in order to clarify this subject for both our own benefit and that of others:
1) Wear a face mask and observe physical distancing. It’s important to protect yourself and others from potential infection by wearing a face mask and maintaining a safe distance from others.
2) Stay hydrated. It can get hot and crowded on the streets during the Sinulog, so it’s important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
3) Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. You’ll likely be on your feet for long periods of time, so it’s essential to wear comfortable clothing and shoes to avoid discomfort or injury.
4) Be mindful of your surroundings. The streets can get very crowded during the Sinulog, so it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and be cautious to avoid accidents.
5) Follow local safety guidelines. Be sure to follow any safety guidelines or instructions provided by local authorities to ensure a safe and enjoyable celebration.
6) Keep an eye on your belongings. It’s important to keep an eye on your belongings to prevent them from getting lost or stolen in the crowds.
7) Plan your transportation in advance. Traffic can be heavy during the Sinulog, so it’s a good idea to plan your vehicle in advance to avoid any delays or issues.
You may look up emergency contact information online
Information dissemination that is relevant and responsive is simple. It’s crucial to have emergency phone numbers available for the Sinulog Grand Parade so that you can post them online. You may require the following contact information while attending the public event:
|Cebu City Hall Command Center||(032) 253 0357|
|Cebu City Public Information Office||(032) 254 8632 / (032) 253 4979|
|Cebu City Mobile Patrol Group||166|
|Cebu City Bureau of Fire Protection||160|
|Emergency Rescue Unit||161|
|Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Management – Cebu Province||(032) 255 0046|
|Cebu City Disaster Risk and Emergency Management – Cebu Province||(032) 255 0046|
|Lapu-Lapu City Rescue Unit Foundation||(032) 340 2994|
|Lapu-Lapu City Police Office||(032) 341 3771|
|Mandaue City Police Office||(032) 344 4747|
|PRO-7||(032) 231 0860|
|Philippine Red Cross||143|
There are many potential unforeseen incidents that could occur during the Sinulog 2023 festivities and other major events, including car accidents, house fires, children going missing, riots and other public infractions, high traffic, and even fatalities. Report these incidents to the corresponding authorities and let your friends share the information to reach them fast.
For more details, visit the Official Sinulog Foundation Inc. Facebook Page.