In support of the Philippine government’s mandate to push for cashless transactions in public transportation, Grab will be fully adopting cashless payments to mitigate the spread of infection brought by the exchange of cash. As we move towards embracing the new normal, Grab is changing its policies in order to promote a safer way to pay for your Grab transactions with GrabPay.
Grab supports the cashless movement, promotes a safer way to pay
Effective June 15, 2020, GrabCar/GrabFood/GrabMart/GrabExpress/In-store and online payments would be earning points through GrabPay as shown in the table below. Billspay and purchase of regular load and data packages do not qualify for points earning.
Learn more about Grab transactions/activities that do not earn points here.
To help you ease into cashless payments and promote a safer way to pay by avoiding the exchange of cash, Grab will be offering bonus Grab discount vouchers with GrabPay.
Get bonus Grab discount vouchers when you cash in a mininmum of ₱1500 in your GrabPay wallet via BDO Credit Card1. Enjoy the following vouchers:
- 1 x ₱50 off GrabMart
- 1 x ₱50 off GrabFood
- 1 x ₱25 off GrabExpress
- 1 x ₱25 off GrabExpress Pabili
Grab also reduced the points required for you to redeem GrabRewards transport and partner vouchers for as low as 50%2. Redeem Great Deals from the GrabRewards catalog now!
Commitment to GrabRewards members
With restricted movement and social distancing guidelines in place, Grab understands that there will be many limitations. To help provide flexibility and ease of mind to all GrabRewards members during this challenging time, Grab will be temporarily adjusting the policies as follows:
- GrabRewards tier status* – The tier status for all GrabRewards members will be extended to December 31, 2020, and there will be no tier downgrades during this period.
- Reward vouchers – The validity for all Grab food and ride reward vouchers will be extended to December 31, 2020.
- Your GrabRewards points can help frontliners – Donate to the healthcare frontliners with your GrabRewards points. The amount collected goes towards public health efforts to curb the outbreak. Donate here.
*Note: The qualifying period between July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, will determine a member’s tier status for the first half of 2021.
Grab also urge all GrabRewards members to do their part by complying with health guidelines and social distancing, practise good personal hygiene, and opting for safer digital payments.
Find out more with GrabRewards. If you have any questions, visit the Grab Help Centre for more information.
- Terms and Conditions apply. Learn more here.
- Until supplies last.