Home Credit, the country’s leading consumer finance company with a nationwide store presence and rapidly growing mobile presence, continues to adapt to the growing demand for cashless and contactless transactions by creating an online payment option where customers can conveniently settle their loans and credit card bills without having to leave the comfort of their homes via the website or the Home Credit app.
Home Credit customers can now pay via website and My Home Credit app
Through Home Credit’s new online payment gateway, all customers with an existing account or loan—whether it is a commodity loan, cash loan, or credit card—can pay online through the Home Credit website.
“The best thing about this online payment tool is that it is available 24/7 at the convenience of our customers,” said Puneet Suneja, Home Credit Philippines’ Head of Operations. “They no longer need to stand in queues at a payment center during business hours. All they need is a Visa/Master debit card or their online banking credentials, and payments can be done anytime, anywhere—making it the perfect payment option this quarantine period.”
To enjoy this payment option, customers must have a registered account in the My Home Credit app, a local debit card with Visa or Mastercard logo, or an active online account with BancNet, UnionBank, and BPI.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to pay your Home Credit loan via the Home Credit website and My Home Credit App:
Pay via Home Credit app
1) Go to Loan Dashboard and tap the “Pay” button
2) Click “Pay Online”
3) Choose Debit Cards for local Visa/Mastercard then Add Card
4) Enter Card Details for Visa/Mastercard
5) Enter the amount you want to pay
6) Confirm payment
7) Complete transaction
Pay via Home Credit website
1) Go to Pay Now Page. Go to www.homecredit.ph and look for the Pay Now button on the Payments tab. Alternatively, you can click on the “Pay my Installments” button on the Cover Advisory Ribbon.
2) Enter your Home Credit account details. Provide your Loan Account Number, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, and Amount to be paid.
3) Choose the payment option. Upon confirming your account details, you will be redirected to the payment partners page to select your preferred payment option and complete your transaction.
4) Complete payment. Once payment has been made, you will be redirected back to the Home Credit page to view your transaction receipt.
Since it started its operations in the Philippines last 2013, Home Credit has already served almost 7 million Filipinos and almost 5 million mobile app registrations.