A lot of exciting enhancements have been made for the Sinulog 2020 photo contest. The photography contest, with new categories added, is open to all amateur and professional photographers and registration has been opened and will be closed on January 4, 2020 (or if the 300 slots have been taken).
Sinulog 2020 Photo Contest Registration now open
The official entry form/registration for the photo contest participants was opened last December 9, 2019, and is currently available at the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. Office from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. It can also be attained online via the Sinulog website at www.sinulog.com.ph.
The deadline for registration will be on January 4, 2020, at 12 PM, and the registration is subject to the availability1 of limited slots.
The registered photographers are required to attend the orientation on January 4, 2020, at 3 PM at the Belly Dancing Area of the Cebu City Sports Center.
Registration fee and inclusion
The Sinulog 2020 Photo Contest registration fee is ₱3,000 and it covers a competition ID allowing access to most Sinulog 2020 activities plus ten (10) entries of 5R photographs and two (2) entries in 8”x12” size for the Digital Art Photography Category. An additional fifty pesos (₱50.00) will be charged for every 5R photo.
A maximum of forty (40) extra entries is allowed per contestant. Each participant will be issued an ID number that will be used in identifying the photographers upon submission of entries.
The deadline for submission of photo entries will be on January 27, 2020 (Monday) at 7 PM.
In the case of disqualification, registration fees will not be refundable. Winners will be published in local dailies in due time with the date and venue of awarding of trophies and prizes.
The decision of the Board of Judges is final and non-appealable.
Activities covered for the photo contests from January 9-24, 2020
– Sinulog Parade (Competing contingents of the Sinulog sa Barangay / Sinulog sa Lalawigan / Awarding Ceremonies / Sinulog 2020 Grand Parade)
– Fluvial / Solemn Procession and Religious Activities (The miraculous image is seaborne along the coasts of Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu, and Cebu cities while the Solemn Procession passes through the principal streets of Cebu City and other church activities)
– Float / Higante and Puppeteers (Float, puppeteers, and higante entries must be taken during the grand parade)
– Human Interest (Photos must be taken within the Sinulog 2020 grand parade, fluvial/solemn procession routes or in areas where other Sinulog religious activities in Cebu City are held during the Sinulog 2020 photo contest period)
– Festival Queen (Photos to be taken while the subject is dancing during the Sinulog Festival Queen Runway Competition on January 14, 2020, and Sinulog Festival Queen Coronation Night on January 17, 2020)
Registration for the Sinulog 2020 Photo Contest is on-going. You may visit the Sinulog Foundation Inc. Office from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or sign up online via the Sinulog website at www.sinulog.com.ph.
For more information on the Sinulog 2020 photo contest registration, and other Sinulog-related matters, interested parties can contact The Grand Sinulog Festival on Facebook or the Sinulog Governing Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org today.