The mobile phone used to be just another mode of communication medium. Over the years, however, we have witnessed their transition from a communication device to a one-stop-shop. In the last decade, we have seen an enormous boost in mobile payment options using smartphones. With our smartphones, we can now pay utility bills, loan payments, credit cards, and insurance, among others. Even your SSS contributions can now be paid through the use of your mobile device.
How to pay your SSS contributions using the PayMaya app
Mobile payment technology is inevitable. Individual SSS paying members, such as self-employed, voluntary, and overseas Filipino workers (OFW), can now pay their SSS obligations without any problems after SSS tapped PayMaya, the digital financial services firm, for this new payment scheme. This will ensure a quicker, more convenient, and more secure way of paying SSS contributions without the need for a queue in SSS branches or other accredited collecting partners.
In order to make use of this new service, the paying members must do the following:
1) Open a PayMaya account1
2) Register and provide all the information needed to create an account.2
3) Open your SSS Account through the SSS Mobile App3
Note: You must use the mobile number associated with your account to both SSS and PayMaya.
4) To pay SSS contributions, you must log in to the SSS Mobile app using your existing My.SSS account user ID and password.
5) Generate your Payment Reference Number (PRN) or Statement Of Account (SOA) in the SSS Mobile App by clicking the “Generate PRN / SOA” icon.
6) You can choose your membership type, applicable period, and amount of your contribution.
7) Check all the information to ensure that everything is correct before clicking “OK.”
8) Then, wait for the confirmation on the screen that your PRN has been generated.
9) After generating the PRN, you need to click the “Pay” button next to the PRN. The screen will display the two options you can select from: “Pay with PayMaya Account” or “Credit/Debit Card.”
10) From the two options, select “Pay with PayMaya Account.”
11) Once you have checked the payment details, you need to click “OK.”
12) Then, you must log in using your PayMaya account details. A one-time password will be sent to your mobile number.
13) Next, enter the OTP and click “Proceed.”
14) You must verify the payment details before clicking “OK.”
15) Once the payment has been processed, a confirmation that the transaction is complete will appear on the screen. Payments using PRN will be reflected immediately.
Please note that a ₱10 transaction fee will be charged for those who choose to use the PayMaya option.
Pay your SSS contribution using Visa, Mastercard, or JCB debit or credit card
On the other hand, if members choose to pay using their credit/debit card, the monthly contribution, the convenience charge and the total amount will be shown on the screen. Members are required to enter the following: First Name, Last Name, Card Number, and Expiry Card Date. They must also provide their e-mail address or mobile number, where payment acknowledgment receipt will be sent, and then click “Pay Now.”
A convenience fee of 1.75 percent of the total amount paid would be charged to members if they opted to pay using their debit/credit card.
At SSS, they have embarked on a massive project to switch all their transactions to digital platforms. It’s not going to happen overnight, but SSS is making every effort to make it happen soon. PayMaya’s contribution payment system is one step toward more aspiration to provide faster and better service to SSS members.
One of these days, all SSS transactions are going to be just one tap away.
Paying your SSS contributions is easier than ever with the My.SSS app and PayMaya! Now, you can pay with your PayMaya account, or any Visa, Mastercard, or JCB debit or credit card.
Upgrade your PayMaya account for FREE using the code hra5kg and get a ₱50 reward. Visit this link to know more.
- You can download the PayMaya app on your mobile phones through Google Play for Android users, App Store for iOS, and AppGallery for Huawei.
- Upgrade your PayMaya account for FREE using the code hra5kg and get a ₱50 reward. Visit this link to know more.
- You can download the SSS Mobile App on your mobile phones through Google Play for Android users, App Store for iOS, and AppGallery for Huawei.