While the bathroom may be the least glamorous, it is one of the most intimate rooms of the home as well as the one that you are guaranteed to be constantly used. If that is the case, why not turn it into a well-appointed sanctuary? Not to forget, your guests will also use it. So, you need to make sure you have it well-stocked with the bathroom basics.
Bathroom Basics: 15 Essential Accessories for your Toilet and Shower Rooms
We have compiled everything to help you decide and create the bathroom you deserve. From the simple soap dish and toothbrushes to the towels and the world’s greatest bathroom tool—toilet plunger.
1) Shower curtain and liner. If your shower or tub is unsightly, go with an opaque curtain that moves easily for quick concealment. If your shower is somewhat presentable, consider a sheer curtain to let some light into the shower stall.
2) Toothbrush holder.
3) Trash can. Can go simple or funky. There are trash cans that are small to consume less space. But lately, it would be nicer to have one with a flip cover to hide the gross bathroom waste.
4) Durable bath mat. These should be sturdy but plush. If your floor is unattractive, get a big bath mat or several small mats.
5) Green cleaning supplies.
6) Innovative storage solutions. Look beyond the bath stores and consider bedside tables, mini bookshelves and etageres with baskets for extra storage. And don’t forget the space behind the toilet!
7) Over-the-door hooks or funky wall hooks.
8) Bath towels. Be a fan of plain white bath towels because they never fade, look outdated and they match everything.
9) Good nice-smelling soap.
10) Good lighting. If you can’t put in your own lighting, adjust the bulbs to get the softest, most-forgiving glow possible.
11) A nice mirror. If you are a homeowner, consider installing a mirrored cabinet set into the wall for extra storage.
12) Hand towels. You can get creative with these. Install a looped towel hook so guests know to use the hand towel and not your bath towel! Or if you don’t want to drill into the walls, use a freestanding towel stand.
13) Cleaning wipes for quick clean-up.
14) A wire basket of rolled up hand towels and extra toilet paper for company or guest to use.
15) Plunger and toilet bowl cleaner, both in storage caddy or container. These should be tucked behind the toilet or under the sink for use by an embarrassed, panicking guest.
ALSO READ: 5 Easy Steps to avoid Sunburn during Summer
Find everything you need to make your bathroom functional and stylish. It’s easy to create a bathroom you’ll love with these bathroom basics. Find everything you need to make your bathroom more luxurious and relaxing. To get more ideas on what do buy, Lazada Philippines has a huge selection of bathroom essentials from their home and living section. Visit www.lazada.com.ph today!