President Rodrigo Duterte announced yesterday morning on the lowering of Cebu City’s status to General Community Quarantine (GCQ), among other regions in the country, as well as those under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ). Starting today, August 1, 2020, Cebu City will be under the GCQ status. With that said, Mayor Edgardo Labella released Executive Order No. 086 (EO 086) where the new quarantine and safety protocols are listed.
Cebu City under GCQ effective August 1; Labella releases Executive Order No. 086 (EO 086)
Along with the announcement of the new Executive Order, Labella wished the Cebuanos to continue being vigilant and adhere to health protocols against COVID-19.
“Mohangyo ako sa mga Sugbuanon nga padayon kitang magbinantayon ug hugot nga motuman sa mga health protocols nga gipatuman batok COVID-19,” as stated on the captions from Labella’s Facebook Page during the Executive Order release. “Ayaw kalimot sa pagsul-ob kanunay og mask kun mogawas sa pinuy-anan, padayon sa saktong paghugas sa kamot, ug modistansya sa ubang tawo.”
(“I urge the Cebuanos that we continue to be vigilant and strictly adhere to the health protocols enforced against COVID-19. Do not forget to always wear a mask when going out of the house, continue to wash your hands properly, and keep distance from other people.”)
Executive Order No. 086 (EO 086)
Executive Order No. 086 key points in tidbits
Here are some key points you need to know about the new Executive Order No. 086 (EO 086):
- Minimum Public Health Standards. All residents directed to obey, follow, and abide strictly to minimum public health standards. These include the wearing of face masks in public and in the workplace at all times, frequent handwashing, good personal hygiene, and coughing etiquette, regular disinfecting of personal and workspaces, and observing strict physical distancing.
- Mandatory Stay-At-Home Order. All persons in the City of Cebu during the effectivity of the GCQ shall, at all times, stay at home, and movement outside their homes shall be allowed only for purposes of accessing basic necessities and services and for work in permitted offices or establishments as well as activities listed hereunder.
- Only one (1) member of the household is allowed to go out for this purpose and shall bring with him/her at all times the Quarantine Pass duly issued by the Cebu City Government.
- Any person below twenty-one (21) years old, those who are sixty (60) years old and above, those with immunodeficiencies, comorbidities, or other health risks, and pregnant women, including any person who resides with the aforementioned, shall be required to remain in their residences at all times, except when indispensable under the circumstances for obtaining essential goods and services, or for work in industries and offices or such other activities permitted under GCQ.
- Hotel Operations. No hotels or accommodation establishments shall be allowed to operate, except those accommodating specific guests and persons stated in Section G of the Executive Order No. 086.
- Prohibited Establishments and Operations. Amusement, gaming, and all Category IV industries1 may not operate. Industries in Category IV are reflected in pertinent DTI issuances.
- Public Transportation. The road, rail, maritime, and aviation sectors of public transportation shall operate at a reduced operational and vehicle capacity in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Transportation (DOTr). Provided, that in all public transports, a strict one (1) meter distance between passengers shall be observed and appropriate engineering controls shall be in place.
- Liquor Ban. A total liquor ban in all public places is hereby imposed within the City of Cebu upon the effectivity of this Order. As such, it shall be prohibited for any person to serve and/or drink intoxicating liquor in any public place within the City of Cebu during the entire period of the GCQ.
- Carbon Public Market Schedule. The following schedule of the admission of shoppers inside the Carbon Public Market Complex shall be based on the first letter of the family name of the shopper, as follows:
MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY A
- The Carbon Public Market Complex shall be open to shoppers from 6 AM until 5 PM, Mondays through Saturdays, and shall be closed to all shoppers on Sundays.
- There shall be a designated delivery schedule of cargoes and supplies as determined by the Markets Operations Division (MOD), during which, trucks and vehicles may be allowed to enter. Authorized wholesalers, purchasers, and kumpradors shall be allowed entry within these schedules.
- The Carbon Public Market Complex shall be closed to shoppers every Sundays. This day shall be dedicated for thorough cleansing and disinfecting activities to be done by the Markets Operations Division (MOD) as well as the individual vendors/sellers/concessionaires in their respective stalls or areas.
- The new QPass shall only be allowed from 5 AM until 10 PM. Futher, QPass holders shall adhere to the following schedule:
QPasses with codes that end with ODD numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays QPasses with codes that end with EVEN numbers and ZERO (2, 4, 6, 8, and 0) Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays No QPass Holders allowed Sundays
For the complete list of allowed businesses to operate, persons exempted for the Stay-At-Home order, and other matters not included in the summarization of the Executive Order No. 086, you can check the entirety of the Executive Order No. 086 (EO 086) above.
Cebu City Cluster Clinic Schedule and Cebu City Hotlines
Cebu City Cluster Clinic Schedule
Mondays to Fridays 8 AM – 5 PM
- Tinago Gym, Barangay Tinago
- Brotherhood Gym, Barangay Basak, San Nicolas
- Sawang Calero Gym, Barangay Sawang Calero
- Cebu Medical Society Compound, Barangay Banilad
Cebu City Hotlines
0923 937 8599
0923 937 8596
0909 943 1037
0909 940 2158
(032) 233 4194
(032) 254 8637
(032) 411 0102
(032) 411 0126
COVID-19 24/7 Hotlines (Central Visayas)
Department of Health Central Visayas Center for Health Development Regional Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (RESU)
0922-397-2334 / (032) 402-3091
Health Emergency Management Services (HEMS)
0943-568-3298 / 0945-157-6004 / (032) 402-1269
Provincial Government of Cebu Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO)
(032) 888-2329 local 1271 and 1272
Other questions relating to travel bans, curfew, and LGUs Executive Orders:
Cebu Province Public Information Office
(032) 888-2329 local 3011 and 3013
Cebu City Public Information Office
(032) 254-8632 / (032) 411-0132
Mandaue City Public Information Office
(032) 230-4500 local 1082
Lapu-Lapu City Public Information Office
To report overpricing, hoarding, please contact the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Hotline:
DTI Cebu Province
(032) 255-6971 / (032) 255-2165 / (032) 255-3926
DTI Regional Office
(032) 255 0036 / (032) 255-0037
For more details, please contact the Cebu City Public Information Office at (032) 254-8632 / (032) 411-0132, or you can visit their official Facebook Page. For added information on COVID-19 precautionary measures and proper healthcare practices, visit the Department of Health Official Facebook Page.
- Among businesses identified by the DTI in Category 4 are gyms and other fitness facilities, sports facilities, cinemas, theaters, karaoke and comedy bars, nightclubs, beerhouses, toy stores, playgrounds, and rides.
Also under Category 4 are libraries, museums, art galleries, botanical and zoological gardens, water parks, beaches, resorts, travel agencies, tour operators, casinos and other gambling activities, massage parlors, sauna baths, facial and foot spa, and waxing salons, and other amusement and leisure establishments that promote mass gathering.