Each year on February 14th, many people exchange cards, candy, gifts or flowers with their special “valentine.” The day of romance we call Valentine’s Day is just around the corner.
Easy-to-do Gifts for Valentine’s Day!
Have you thought of any gifts to give yet? Worry no more ’cause here are three easy-to-do gifts that will surely make your Valentine’s Day extra special.
‘I love you because’ Message Boards
Some couples always like leaving little notes for each other around the house, so I thought this little “I love you because…” dry erase message board would be a fun addition to your regular old post-its and lipstick scrawls on the mirror! It’s very easy and cheap to make, and I think it looks so cute in any place.
Here are the materials you need on how to make this awesome message board:
– Frame with glass
– A Printer
– Dry Erase Markers
– 8.5×11 inch Cardstock
Here’s how to do it:
1) Create a design to print on your fabric. Be sure to set the dimensions of your design to fit whatever frame size you chose.
2) Cut your fabric to fit the inside of the frame, then tape it on to a sturdy piece of printer-sized cardstock (8.5×11 inches) – you MUST use cardstock, and not regular paper, or your printer will jam when you feed the fabric through! Tape all around the edges so nothing gets snagged inside the printer.
3) Print your design on to the fabric, and load it into your frame! Yeheeey!
There you have it, your very own ‘I love you because’ Message Board!
This one is very easy to make. They say things like, Good for 1 Free Kiss. Good for 1 Free Movie Night.
You can just add a few coupons to your valentines card or fancy them up a little. Finally, the best part about this love coupon is that you can add small items to the pockets to go along with the coupon. More than just a coupon for a movie – add the gift card to the local theater OR the actual tickets to the show they have been excited to see!
For this DIY, all you need is a plain mug of your choice and Sharpies. Personalize your cups and mugs by drawing on them! You can use them to add personality and give them as gifts to your loved ones.
Here’s how to start:
1) Buy some white mugs or cups.
2) Pick a Sharpie. For long-lasting results, choose oil-based Sharpie markers. Regular Sharpie ink can come off even after baking. Pick a color to use on your mug. You can stay simple and choose one color, or be more ambitious and use multiple. If you’re sticking to one color, then black is usually a good choice, given its striking contrast to the white background of the mug.
3) Start drawing. Decide what you want to put on the cup, and maybe practice drawing it on a piece of paper before drawing on the mug. Pick a meaningful quote or cute graphics to decorate the mug with, and get inspired by Pinterest or by googling examples of Sharpie mug projects online.
4) Dry it out. Let your mug dry for a few hours or overnight before placing it into the oven. You can also draw over it again if you’d like to make sure the pattern doesn’t come off in the wash. If you draw over it again, be sure to leave it out to dry again before baking.
5) Bake it. Bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. Remember to place the mug in the oven before it heats up. Leave it in until the oven cools completely so there won’t be any cracks. You can choose to bake the mugs twice to really set the Sharpie drawings.
6) Care and wash. Hand-wash the mug gently instead of throwing it in the dishwasher, as a machine washer may ruin the design.
ALSO READ: 3 Simple No-Bake Valentine’s Day Treats
So, there you have it! Easy-to-do gifts for a happy hearts day! Happy Valentine’s Day with love!