In partnership with the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc. – Kool Adventure Camp (RAFI-KAC), Gabii sa Kabilin will once again hold the GSK Heritage Hunt.
Gabii Sa Kabilin 2018 Heritage Hunt registration is now open
The Gabii Sa Kabilin (Heritage Night; GSK) is an annual event in Cebu held every last Friday of May. It is also in connection with the celebration of the Heritage Month. From 6 PM to midnight, people visit museums and heritage site where they can enjoy cultural shows, exhibits, children’s activities, contests, food fairs and other activities. This year, twenty-nine museums and heritage sites have been identified to participate.
The GSK Heritage Hunt is a contest open to 20 teams of 5 each who have to complete 5 sets of challenges located in 5 out of 10 heritage sites tagged for the hunt within 4 hours.
GSK Heritage Hunt Mechanics
1) The GSK Heritage Hunt is open to 20 teams of 5 members each aged 12 to 50 years old. Registration begins April 17 and ends May 20, 2018, or when all 100 slots are filled up. Participants can register by sending a private message to the Official Facebook Page of Gabii sa Kabilin.
2) The registration fee of ₱350 per participant includes a Gabii sa Kabilin t-shirt or string bag (depending on participant’s choice), a pouch and admission to sites included in the GSK Heritage Hunt.
3) Teams must go to 5 out of 10 sites earmarked for the contest and complete a set of challenges in each within 4 hours.
4) Teams must earn as many points as possible from each set of challenges they choose to take on. The maximum number of points varies per site so teams must plan their itinerary.
5) A team is not allowed to split up and go to 2 or more sites simultaneously. Each team is only allowed to go to one site at a time.
6) There is a prescribed route and mode of mobility for going from one site to another. Points will be taken away from teams who do not abide by them.
7) The three teams who bag the highest number of points out of their 5 chosen sets of challenges within the required time will be given special awards. Here are the prizes:
1st place: ₱5,000
2nd place: ₱3,000
3rd place: ₱2,000
8) All teams who are able to finish 5 sets of challenges within 4 hours will also be given prizes.
9) The GSK Heritage Hunt will take place during Gabii sa Kabilin on May 25, 2018, from 6 to 10 pm. Teams are required to assemble in Casa Gorordo Museum at 5 pm so they can meet their facilitators and plan their itineraries. Each team will be accompanied by a facilitator throughout the event.
10) Each participant will be asked to sign a waiver. Waivers of participants under 18 years must be signed by their parents or legal guardians. Challenges will require participants to brisk walk and jog for up to a few hundred meters or climb flights of stairs in summer night weather.
11) Photographs will be taken of the contestants during the event. The Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) reserves the right to use the photographs for publication or for promotional purposes.
ALSO CHECK: Cebu City’s historical landmarks on Instagram
The 2018 Gabii Sa Kabilin falls on May 25, with the theme “Balangay.” It gives tribute to the pre-colonial roots of the Philippines whereby balangays were used to transport entire clans from one island to another in the Visayan seas. A Bisaya variant of the Tagalog “barangay,” the term also describes communities bound together by kinship and communal ties.
Each member of the participating team is required to sign and submit the HEALTH AND FITNESS RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM on or before May 20, 2018. You can download the form by clicking here.
For your further questions on the GSK Heritage Hunt, you may contact Gabii Sa Kabilin organizers on their Facebook Page.