As part of the Cebu City local government efforts against COVID-19, Mayor Edgardo Labella released a new Executive Order No. 085 (EO 085) last July 25, 2020, Friday on Facebook.
What you need to know about the new Executive Order No. 085 (EO 085) of Cebu City
The new Executive Order contained details on implementing localized lockdown in six areas of five barangays in Cebu City effective on the day of signing of the new Executive Order until it will be revoked by the Cebu City Government.
Here are some important points you need to learn about the Executive Order No. 085 (EO 085) of Cebu City:
1) The new Executive Order No. 085 (EO 085) is an order imposing granular lockdown in certain areas in Cebu City. These include:
- Sitio Eyha in Barangay Guadalupe
- Balaga Drive to Sitio Cekalco in Barangay Labangon
- Tuada Compound in Barangay Tisa
- Sitio San Isidro and Abellanosa Compound in Barangay Quiot
- C. Mina Extension in Barangay Mabolo
2) The areas as identified shall be put on strict lockdown for a period of three (3) to fourteen (14) days from the onset of imposition.
3) During the said period, contact tracing and swabbing shall be conducted on all identified first-level contacts and probable suspect individuals.
4) Health monitoring of all individuals in said areas shall be conducted by the City Health Department.
5) While individuals found positive for COVID-19 shall be extracted from the concerned area and be transferred to an appropriate quarantine or medical facility.
6) A mandatory Stay-At-Home is in order where all individuals within the areas under strict lockdown are prohibited from leaving their residences.
7) The Stay-At-Home order is also effective to all Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs)1 from the area under the localized lockdown.
8) The validity of the Quarantine Passes shall be suspended.
9) Areas under localized lockdowns shall be given food packs and such other basic necessities by the Cebu City Government. Any other needs such as medications and the like shall be relayed and coursed through the Barangays concerned.
10) The implementation of the localized lockdown, with the concerned barangays and the Philippine National Police (PNP), shall establish Barangay Control Points (BCPs).
The Executive Order No. 085 (EO 085) was issued based on the agreements reached during a meeting with the Cebu City Police Office and the concerned barangays. The group’s recommendations were reviewed and approved by the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force (RIATF).
EO 084: Cebu City under MECQ
In other news, the recent Executive Order No. 084 (EO 084) was released last July 16, 2020, when Cebu City was declared under the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ). Executive Order No. 084 (EO 084) expired on July 31, 2020, Friday.
COVID-19 24/7 Hotlines (Central Visayas)
Department of Health Central Visayas Center for Health Development Regional Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (RESU)
0922-397-2334 / (032) 402-3091
Health Emergency Management Services (HEMS)
0943-568-3298 / 0945-157-6004 / (032) 402-1269
Provincial Government of Cebu Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO)
(032) 888-2329 local 1271 and 1272
Other questions relating to travel bans, curfew, and LGUs Executive Orders:
Cebu Province Public Information Office
(032) 888-2329 local 3011 and 3013
Cebu City Public Information Office
(032) 254-8632 / (032) 411-0132
Mandaue City Public Information Office
(032) 230-4500 local 1082
Lapu-Lapu City Public Information Office
- Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR) under the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force in the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) last June 3, 2020.