On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) made an announcement that the number of cases of COVID-19 outside China has increased 13-fold. The Coronavirus disease has been characterized as a pandemic overwhelming countries like China, South Korea, Iran, and Italy. The number of cases, of deaths, and of the affected countries were expected to climb even higher. The spread of COVID-19 was no longer that could be stopped but we can still slow it down by practicing the idea of social distancing, a key requirement in avoiding the virus. In the meantime, manage your finances and pay your bills in the safest and most convenient way.
Pay your bills with GCash and help prevent the spread of COVID-19
In a busy world like today, it has become a traditional routine to go to banks and bayad centers to pay for our utility bills. We line up in crowded places, wait for our service number to be called for us to be entertained by the assigned teller. It would take long hours depending on the number of clients present and the number of tellers available.
With GCash, a mobile app that can turn your phone into a virtual wallet, it will make life more convenient. You can pay for items like bills, and send money to family and friends at the speed of a text message. You can also get easy access to investment and savings accounts, and transfer funds to over 30 banks for free.
Instead of going to the bank or payment center to pay for your bills where you need to leave your house and commute, you can pay your utility bills, like VECO, via the GCash app and stayed at home to avoid getting infected by the virus. It is very easy and very convenient to pay bills using GCash and by doing this, you already able to have social distance and lesser physical engagement with other people where one may get the virus.
How to pay bills from VECO via the GCash app
1) To pay for your bills, simply follow the steps below (Figure 1):
2) Initiate a bills payment and search for the biller (Figure 2):
– Click on the “Pay Bills” icon in your GCash app
– Choose the “Electric Utilities” tab
– Scroll down the list of billers and look for VECO
3) Provide necessary details for biller and payer (Figure 3):
– Click VECO
– Enter your VECO a) Account ID (11-13 digits3), b) Account Name, c) First Name of the payer (your first name), d) Amount, and e) Email Address where you wish to have the receipt be sent
– Click “Next”
4) Review the summary of your details before confirming payment (Figure 4):
GCash also encourages Filipinos to leverage financial technology to reduce their risk of contracting COVID-19 from potentially contaminated paper money. GCash users may use their mobile wallets to purchase goods and services both online and offline, pay bills, and settle government dues, among others.
Stay at home and be safe! You can still manage your finances and bills payment with the help of GCash. Take advantage of its easy-to-use functions and the convenience of not leaving your house amid the Coronavirus outbreak. Let us all cooperate and help flatten the curve as our medical frontliners and social groups combat the COVID-19 in the country.
New to GCash? Register now with GCash and you can get ₱50 bonus reward for you to buy load, pay bills, and more on the app. Click this link to begin.
- Make sure you downloaded the GCash app from either Apple Appstore for iOS device or Google Play for Android
- The MPIN (Marketing Partner Identification Number) is a personal password code that allows you to access your GCash app. If you forgot your MPIN, click here on how to retrieve it.
- Refer to your VECO billing statement for your Account ID
- Please note that several billers charge a service fee. For VECO, a service fee of ₱4.00 is deducted to your credit when you pay via the GCash app.
- You can download a copy of the receipt (by clicking the download button) on your mobile device for your future reference.