If you want to explore a new flavor from the rapidly increasing food and dining destinations here in Cebu City, why not give it a try at Watda Pho. With an affordable price for their Vietnamese cuisine, the newly opened restaurant at Bonifacio District in Panagdait, Cebu City, will surely inspire you to give way to a new taste and new experience.
With their promise of affordable food and drinks that are authentically Vietnamese, Watda Pho Vietnamese Restaurant offers you a unique way to enjoy Asian cuisine in Cebu. The simple interior of the restaurant provides a relaxed dining experience with family and friends.
Watda Pho: a shockingly good Vietnamese food and coffee
They serve the famous Vietnamese noodle soup, phở, consisting of broth, rice noodles (where the soup dish is named after, bánh phở), a few herbs, and meat. Vietnamese people take seriously their hot broth and noodle dish, and they have a very distinctive way to consume it. This was demonstrated during a soft opening day which the restaurant owner showed it how.
How to eat the phở right
Before you eat your noodle soup, prepare your dip in a small sauce bowl. It is a mixture of hot sauce (Sriracha), and a Chinese sweet and salty sauce called Hoi Sin.
Here’s how to enjoy your phở:
1) Smell the steaming hot broth.
2) Taste the soup.
3) Try the ingredients (vegetable and meat) and dip it into the sauce you made.
4) You may add chili for added spiciness and kick.
5) You can ask for basil leaves and bean sprouts and add them to the soup (for a very authentic Vietnamese way of eating the phở).
6) Use chopsticks to eat the noodles (phở).
7) Alternate the noodles with sips of broth.
8) Fully submerged the meat into the soup to cook it well.
9) You can eat the noodles using the soup spoon and pile all the ingredients on top.
10) When you eat the noodles, make a sipping noise to appreciate the experience.
Explore more of Vietnam food
Aside from the noodle soup dish, you can also sample different Vietnamese food at Watda Pho. You can order the Vietnamese meat and vegetable sandwich, bánh mì.
Bánh mì is a Vietnamese sandwich more specifically the baguette was introduced by the French during its colonial period. It contains meat and vegetables and the bread is crusty and airy.
They also serve rice meals, spring rolls, and desserts. Try their Pork BBQ and the Gỏi cuốn, Vietnamese spring roll.
For desserts, order their delicious and refreshing Banana and peanut butter shake. But if you want to heighten the overall experience of Vietnamese food dining, get their iced coffee.
Watda Pho Vietnamese Restaurant is located at the Bonifacio District, in F. Cabahug (Panagdait), Cebu City. It is next to Wellcome grocery store, across the City Park Hotel.
For inquiries, contact Watda Pho through this number (+63) 0933 191 4777 or drop them a message on their Facebook Page for more details.